Brent Haynam, Commercial Engineering Manager at Scholle IPN, was recently interviewed for an October 2021 Beverage Industry article that looks into the beverage industry and how many producers are looking at new package formats – especially bag-in-box – as a sustainable alternative to their current rigid packages.
Read the Full Article
- Millennials and younger generations are driving the change towards more sustainable packaging formats – and this extends beyond recyclability claims.
- A key focus of packaging manufacturers, beverage producers, and consumers is to reduce the amount of packaging waste sent out into the environment.
- Flexible packaging offers a lightweight, more efficient alternative to rigid containers throughout the package and product’s entire lifecycle.
- Brand owners are turning to packaging suppliers for help communicating the new package benefits to their consumers.
- In addition to additional sustainability gains, producers are also looking for packages that protect their products and eliminate waste. Aseptic flexible packaging is key to this movement.
- Ecommerce is jumping on the flexible packaging train as well, as it offers an easy-to-ship, familiar package format for bulk and multi-use products.